Here at Whisky Online Auctions we are world leaders in the dedicated sourcing and auctioning of rare whiskies. We run an auction once a month, live on our website for seven days. The benefits of bidding with us are numerous and include:
1. An unrivalled range of bottles to choose from, there are no other auction houses offering some of the obscure and stunning rarities which we source. Each auction features bottles that hardly ever come to auction alongside those never seen on the open market before, there will always be bottles to interest you as a drinker, collector or investor.
2. Our unmatched knowledge means that important details including individual bottling variations and bottle dating are never missed. We give you all the necessary information about bottles up front in our thorough descriptions and images making you fully informed about each bottle and free to bid with confidence.
3. Our bespoke software design offers you the most flexibility as a buyer. You can tailor the sale in any number of ways to suit your bidding and browsing preferences. Your own personal account area has numerous features which allow you to organise your bids and track as many bottles as you like clearly and concisely.
4. Our auction extension and outbid notification alerts means you'll never miss out on a bottle and will always have the opportunity to come back in should you be outbid. Our auto bidding feature means that you can leave your high bids in place should you be unable to bid during the closing of the sale.
5. At any time you can calculate shipping costs, convert currency and keep a close eye on any aspect of the auction both during and after the sale giving you unparalleled ability to track the sale and your expenditure from a financial perspective.
6. Our dedicated and friendly personal customer service means any queries or issues will be dealt with swiftly and efficiently and you will always be able to speak to the same people regarding your bids and winnings.
Step 1: Registration
In order to bid and buy in our auctions you must first be registered. Click here to register. You will be charged a nominal none refundable registration fee of £3 to ensure that the card you register with works, and to verify and process the identity of bidders on the website.
Step 2: Bidding
Once the auction starts and you have registered with us, the bidding system will work in the following way. When you place a bid, your bid will be recorded and checked against any auto bids previously placed by another member, the next bid will be based on the increment table below. If your maximum bid is greater than the current bid, our system will run the auto bid feature and will bid on your behalf not exceeding your maximum bid, and always ensuring your bid is at the lowest possible increment. See Increment Breakdown
Please note: that all bids will be recorded in the bidding history tab which is situated below each lot., you will also see your bids (in your account area), under "your bid". Your maximum bid will be recorded under the auto bid tab this will NOT automatically be the current bid. This is only used to place bids on your behalf if someone else bids. If you are out bid you will receive an out bid email acknowledgment. Remember to account for the commission charges which is payable to the final hammer price. see FAQs.
Step 3: Payment
Once the sale has concluded you will need to pay for your items. We ask that buyers check out and approve payment immediately after the conclusion of the sale. Thereafter if payment has not been made within 3 days, funds will automatically be taken under the future pay agreement. The buyer's commission is 15% plus VAT at 20% where applicable. There is no VAT on the hammer price, only on the commission itself. When you check out, you can chose shipping if required and insurance should you wish it. Or you can opt to collect the items directly from us in person.